3D model (JSmol)
|Molar mass||204.357 g·mol−1|
Except where otherwise noted, data are given for materials in their standard state (at 25 °C [77 °F], 100 kPa).
Bisabolenes are a group of closely related natural chemical compounds which are classified as sesquiterpenes. Bisabolenes are produced from farnesyl pyrophosphate (FPP) and are present in the essential oils of bisabol, and of a wide variety of other plants including cubeb, lemon, and oregano. Various derivates also function as pheromones in different insects, such as stink bugs and fruit flies. Bisabolenes are produced by several fungi, though their biological role in that group of organisms remains unclear.
Bisabolenes are intermediates in the biosynthesis of many other natural chemical compounds, including hernandulcin, a natural sweetener. β-Bisabolene has a balsamic odor and is approved in Europe as a food additive.
- Alpha-bisabolene synthase
- (S)-beta-bisabolene synthase
- (E)-gamma-bisabolene synthase
- (Z)-gamma-bisabolene synthase
- "MetaCyc bisabolene biosynthesis (engineered)". biocyc.org. Retrieved 2018-05-28.
- Aldrich, J.R.; Numata, H.; Borges, M.; Bin, F.; Waite, G.K.; Lusby, W.R. (1993). "Artifacts and pheromone blends from Nezara spp. and other stink bug (Heteroptera: Pentatomidae)". Zeitschrift für Naturforschung. 48C (1–2): 73–79. doi:10.1515/znc-1993-1-214. S2CID 40523228.
- Lu, F.; Teal, P.E. (2001). "Sex pheromone components in oral secretions and crop of male Caribbean fruit flies, Anastrepha suspensa (Loew)". Archives of Insect Biochemistry and Physiology. 48 (3): 144–154. doi:10.1002/arch.1067. PMID 11673844.
- Spakowicz, Daniel J.; Strobel, Scott A. (2015). "Biosynthesis of hydrocarbons and volatile organic compounds by fungi: bioengineering potential". Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology. 99 (12): 4943–4951. doi:10.1007/s00253-015-6641-y. PMC 4677055. PMID 25957494.
- Bisabolene derived sesquiterpenoid biosynthesis Archived November 2, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- (−)-β-bisabolene, flavornet.org
- "Alternative Diesel Fuel from Biosynthetic Bisabolene". 13 August 2014.
This article is a direct transclusion of the Wikipedia article and therefore may not meet the same editing standards as CannabisQAwiki.